Mark's Speaking Schedule
Faithonomics: connecting belief & practice for the common good. Washington, DC
Mark will be presenting on themes from FREE at this one day event, sponsored by Common Change. Faithonomics seeks to bring together like-minded individuals to explore the intersection of faith and money. Connecting our ideals and our practice is easier said than done. Who we are, what we value, how we live, and even what we believe, are often rooted in our relationship to money and material possessions. In a culture so deeply defined by money, how do we live well with our Creator and the people around us? Investigate with others in the DC Area how to further create an economy based on abundance (rather than scarcity) within our lives, families, and communities. Sessions and workshops will include:
- Understanding and creating your money biography
- How to align your time and money to reflect what matters most to you
- Explore the power and imagination of collaborative giving
- Planning for the future: socially conscious investment, community banking and retirement
- The economy of the marginalized: mass incarceration and immigration
- Rachel Anderson, Director of Faith-Based Outreach at the Center for Responsible Lending
- Markus Larrson, Executive Director and John Kavyavu, Loan Officer at Life Asset, a micro loan program
- Mike Little, Director of Faith and Money Network
- Andy Loving, Certified Financial Planner® and Founder and Director of Just Money Advisors in Louisville, KY
- Darin Peterson, Founder of Common Change
- Mark Scandrette, Author of "Free: Spending your Time and Money on What Matters Most"
- Jen Smyers, Director for Immigration and Refugee Policy with Church World Service
location: Festival Center 1640 Columbia Road Northwest Washington, DC 20009
Faith Forward, Chicago, IL
Apr 20 - 23Mark and Lisa will be facilitating a breakout on family life on Tuesday April 21 at 4:30 p.m. and co leading the morning plenary session on Wednesday April 22 at 9 a.m.
location: St. James Cathedral and Commons 65 East Huron Street, Chicago, IL
The Orchard Community, Aurora, IL
Apr 18 - 19Mark will be teaching at the Saturday 5 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. gatherings.
location: 101 S. Barnes Rd. Aurora, IL 60506
Diocese of California, Grace Cathedral
Feb 7Mark will be delivery a lunch time plenary address at this day long event.
location: Grace Cathedral 1100 California Street, San Francisco
UC Davis Intervarsity Fellowship
Jan 22Mark will be leading a 1 hour workshop at 4:30 p.m. and teaching at the 7:30 p.m. large group. How to live without hurry, worry, stress and striving as a college student. How you spend your time is how you spend your life. Jesus invites us into a life where there is enough time and we can be fully present. Come find out how.
location: Kleiber 3
Open Door Community Walnut Creek
Jan 18Mark will be teaching the second session in the COIN series on Jesus and Money.
location: 1924 Trinity Avenue Walnut Creek, CA
Beta Communities, San Diego, CA
Nov 20LIVING FREE. Seeking Shalom in our families, neighborhoods and around the world is an beautiful vision for life — a dream that can be sustained over the long term as we learn to be intentional in our choices with time, money and relationships. Join us to explore some of the practical dimensions to sustaining a holistic life of mission. Books available for purchase at this event. 7 p.m.
location: 1250 25th st, 92102
Cal State San Marcos
Nov 19Mark will be leading a workshop on time and life management at 4:30 p.m. and will be speaking at the Intervarsity Fellowship large group gathering at 7 p.m. Sponsored by Compassion International.
Southwest Baptist University
Nov 17Mark will be speaking in Monday morning chapel in an event sponsored by Compassion International.
location: 1600 University Ave, Bolivar, MO 65613
James Madison University
Nov 13Mark will be speaking at a campus wide event, sponsored by Compassion International. 7 p.m.
location: James Madison University Memorial Hall 395 S High St, Harrisonburg, VA 22801
The Practice at Willow Creek Church
Nov 2Mark will be facilitating a session on Naming What Matters Most. 6:30-8:30 p.m. (times may vary--check website)
location: Willow Creek Chapel 67 E Algonquin Rd S Barrington, IL 60010,